December 5, 2018

Adulting, Decisions & Relationship

Adulting,

I'll turn 28 in approx. fortnight.

Man, did I tell you adulting is not easy? 

I kept telling myself that it's okay to take easy, cautious steps but everything seems to move around pretty fast to compare. I was expecting easy pace. And right now I'm feeling like I'm falling behind. It was just yesterday I turned 24. It was just yesterday I met someone. It was just yesterday I cried. It was just yesterday.

I don't how everyone else are coping, and I wonder how did my parents did it and they had my eldest brother and my late sister when they were my age.

Time sure flies.

I was in an interview session earlier when the interviewer had said something related to what I was just talking about on my instastory the previous day. 

"You're an adult, I should give you a length of trust and as an adult you should probably be mature enough not to abuse it,"

I couldn't agree more.

And when she emphasised the adult word, I just realised that I'm no longer 18.

I'm at a point where I'm putting a full trust on myself to do things that I've dreamt about since I was 18, and at the same time taking on the opportunity to grow myself in career wise. Full trust in a sense that I'd put my foot down and actually execute the plans. Anyone dear to my heart knows me enough that I'm a procrastinator. 

And if I fail, I failed. It's important for me to try, first and foremost, right?

-

Decisions,

An ex colleague has been sharing with me some stuffs since I'm currently looking for new opportunities myself. While it's nice to get someone you can share and relate, you too, are exposed to doubts and hesitations. There's this one question from her that made me think if I'm making a right decision to resign and go somewhere new. I haven't tender anything yet, it's just a plan.

I'm the type that relies a lot on my guts. Even in the last minutes, I'd cancel whatever it is that's planned (and I felt good before) the minute my guts turn sour. 

While a procrastinator I am mostly, I'd jump into decisions just point blank without much thoughts due to my guts, pretty much often. Whatever regrets later on I take it as a lesson. 

Mungkin sebab ini buat aku degil. Sebab aku selalu percaya gerak hati. Jadi susah nak terima alasan/pendapat orang lain walaupun my guts can be wrong and orang lain can be right.

Tapi soalan tu sebenarnya buat aku hesitate balik dengan diri sendiri.

-

Relationship,

Lost.
Recalculating.

When I fell, I fell hard.
Bailing is the last thing I'd do. 

Takboleh ke relationship ni macam cerita fairy tale? Jumpa sehari lepas tu confirmed hidup happily ever after?
Dah tua ni penatlah. Penat



No comments:

Post a Comment

Your two cents.